Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Weeks 1 through 3

We are in our third week of the building of our Ravenna! The foot is in, concrete is poured and a lot of dirt has been moved to various locations. This week they are supposed to be starting the framing, but it looks like Mother Nature will have a say in that. Seeing as it's been raining all day today (the day it was supposed to start) I would imagine there will be a slight delay. Other than, everything has been running smoothly. Our project manager has been diligent about calling each Friday with the updates, which I find to be quite fulfilling in terms of keeping us in the loop.


Week 1: 
The foot looks small. I've seen a Ravenna, as the model in our community is one, and I know it's not small, but it's amazing how it looks in that form.


This is a picture of the foot, basically an outline of the house. 
I guess this doesn't look small, but it did in person!

Week 2:
The concrete is poured and more dirt is moved. I'm a little nervous about the size of the garage. It definitely cannot be described as spacious! It is supposed to fit two cars, which I think it can, there just may not be much extra space for other items.

The garage is the slab of concrete pictured here...definitely not excessive in size.



These two pictures are from the rear of the house from the farthest point of the backyard. 



Week 3: 
I will update pictures from week three as soon as I have taken them!


2 comments: