Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pre-Drywall Walk-Thru

Today was our pre-drywall walk-thru, as I'm sure you've gathered by the title of the post. It was amazing to see what our house has become! Our PM took us through each room, pointing out important elements, answering our plethora of questions and laughing as our one year old squealed throughout the process. He did a great job explaining everything and offering his insight to answer our questions. On our standing Friday phone call (tomorrow) he will be giving me the date that he predicts the house will be ready! We're looking at late August. Update: Our final walk thru is now set for August 8th! As a teacher, it'd be much appreciated to have time in the house before the start of the school year!

At this point the next walk through will be at the final inspection. I have been told that I may walk through the house whenever I'd like, which I intend to take full advantage of!

I took a ton of pictures of the inner workings of the house; these are a few of the more interesting ones. If there are any questions I can answer or pictures you'd like to see, please let me know!

From the outside:


This is a closer look at the window above the awning that I love:

This was my one year old at the end of the meeting, barely holding it together:


4 comments:

  1. It's looking so good!!! It's huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One note about that window. I am getting Elevation B too, and I was told that we should move the light at the top of the stairs to the middle - so that it is in line with the window. If you ever want to put fancy light there to show from the street, it will be off center per plan.

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting! I didn't think about that...

      Delete
  3. Wow, awesome blogs. I also enjoyed the photos of each blog.. Very lovely and stunning. I want to share one website. if you are interested in making a clean home this web is for you bcz this admin works on this type of content. Please visit drywall repair services for deck repair and staining services . Thanks, the admin writes an awesome blog. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete